Website Zambia Environmental Management Agency
- Job Purpose
Under the supervision of the Manager-Internal Audit the job holder will assist with the management and provision of effective and efficient assurance in all areas of ZEMA’s governance, risk and control.
Main Duties and Accountabilities (Without Limitation)
- Oversee the completion of risk-based IT and operational audits assigned by the MIA.
- Evaluating IT management practices and procedures for compliance with applicable regulations company policy and industry such as COBIT.
- Identifying and testing effectiveness of operating procedures and of internal controls embedded in systems.
- Preparing audit work papers in accordance with professional standards and
- Preparing written reports of completed audits and presenting results to Management.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents internal auditing on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching, and guidance to internal audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Plans and executes audits of client/server technology platforms and evaluates IT internal controls and works collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
- Conducts data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilizing software tools.
- Supports audits and consulting engagements related to programming, mainframe batch and online processes, client-server architecture, Internet and intranet functionality, database extraction, technology strategy, and data communication and network security.
- Acts as liaison with IT business partners to ensure full understanding of data flow, data integrity, and system security.
- Assesses information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business information.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
1.2 Minimum Qualification and Experience
Education and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference toward Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security, Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Practical IT experience helpful and may be considered in lieu of audit experience requirement.
- Should have professional certification such as CISA, CISM, CIA or ACCA
- Should have a strong information systems background supplemented with practical experience in IT operations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to handle complex problems and multitask.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to accurately and succinctly communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Conforms to acceptable standards of conduct as expressed in the employee handbook and the code of conduct for auditors as prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons are requested to hard copies of their curriculum vitae with three readily contactable references, copies of relevant academic/professional certificates and an application letter stating their motivation, to the address below:
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
ZAMBIA ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AGENCY
CORNER OF SUEZ & CHURCH ROADS
PO BOX 35131
The envelope or email containing above application documents to be clearly labelled with the job applied for.