INVITATION FOR BIDS
TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF A MANAGED MEDICAL SCHEME SERVICES FOR ZEMA EMPLOYEES FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS
1. The Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) has made a provision in its Operating Expenditure Budget towards the cost of Medical Services and intends to apply part of the funds towards the Contract for the Provision of Managed Medical Scheme Services for ZEMA Employees for a Period of Three (3) Years.
2. ZEMA now invites sealed bids for the provision of Managed Medical Scheme Services for ZEMA Employees for Three (3) Years.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the Open Bidding National procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act No. 8 of 2020 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2022 and is open to Citizen Bidders Only and, in the absence of successful Citizen Bidders, to Local Bidders.
4. The definition of a Citizen Bidder is provided in the Public Procurement Act No. 8 of 2020.
5. Interested and eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding documents at ZEMA Head Office, Corner Suez and Church Road, Lusaka. The Bidding document can also be accessed on the ZEMA Website: http://www.zema.org.zm.
6. Bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders from ZEMA, Head Office Corner Suez and Church Road, Lusaka, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of One Thousand Kwacha (ZMK 1,000.00).
7. Bids must be sealed and boldly labelled “TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF A MANAGED MEDICAL SCHEME SERVICES FOR ZEMA EMPLOYEES FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS ZEMA/PSU/MMS/7/23” be deposited in the Tender Box located at the reception area ZEMA, Corner Suez and Church Road, Lusaka on or before Friday, 8th September, 2023 at 10:30 hours local time and must be accompanied by a Bid Security of at least two (2) percent of the bid sum. The Bid Security must be in the form of a Bank Guarantee. Late, faxed, and electronic bids will be rejected. Tenders will be opened thereafter in the ZEMA Board Room in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
Secretary Procurement Committee
For Director General
ZAMBIA ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AGENCY