The Society has acquired 51.3033 hectares of land in Mansa, Chabala Muwe for a housing project. The institution proposes to subdivide 365 plots on this area. All these plots will be offered to the public for the construction of houses using the mortgage financing by Zambia National Building Society. The project is in line with the Government agenda of increasing access to decent and affordable housing by;
• Promote residential home improvements.
• Affordable Housing Finance.
• Promote private participation in affordable housing.
The breakdown number of plots is as follows;
• 98 -High cost residential (1,200sqm)
• 157- Medium Cost Residential (900sqm)
• 103- Low cost Residential (600sqm)
• Police station (2,300sqm)
• Clinic (4,300sqm)
• Place of worship (5,400sqm)
• 4- Open spaces (4,500sqm) each
The Environmental and Social Impact Assessment discusses the proposal to subdivide 51.30333 hectares of land into various pieces of land earmarked for construction of houses, clinic, a school and recreation activities by Zambia National Building Society. This housing project will be on subdivision of stand no. SUBDIVISION OF S/CHABA/4020273 in Mansa district, Luapula Province.